- Join the Facebook Group weekly to stay up to date with lessons and chat with other mamas in the study
- You can either print these weekly guides and add them to a binder or you can takes notes in your own notebook for your personal reference.
- Set aside a time daily to read your bible and reflect on what the reading and scripture means for your family.
- Take a moment just to sit before God and ask him to speak specifically to your heart and your families needs as you read. Take that same moment of silence after you’ve read to listen and hear from God. We tend to rush through studying and instead don’t meditate and that’s often when we hear God’s voice the loudest. Don’t forget the power in meditation.
Ephesians 4:32 Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
God is so gracious and so faithful. In his word is a reminder to be tenderhearted and to forgive one another. As parents it can be difficult to go through the days knowing your child made a mistake yesterday or consistently lies or consistently hits his or her siblings.
But this verse reminds us to be kind, tenderhearted and to forgive one another because that’s what God does for us. Each and every night we should make it apart of our prayers to ask for forgiveness for our own sins but to also forgive our children and spouses for what they may have sinned against us.
I pray your family is one in which it’s okay to make mistakes and to be forgiven and still shown love.
- It’s time to head over to our handy resource blueletterbible.org
- In the right hand corner you’ll see a box where it says verse. Type in Ephesians 4:32 NLT.
- Hover your mouse over tools and click interlinear.
- Next to the word “forgive” click on the number under the Strong’s column
- Now look at the outline of Biblical Usage and take note of how this word is used in the bible.
What does this mean for your family? In what ways can you forgive someone?_____________________
What is God telling me to do with my family with today’s verse ?______________________________
What can I do to show compassion and kindness towards my family after they have done something that angers me ?
Kids Craft : If you’re having your children follow along with this study have them create a forgiveness jar. When someone in the family has wronged them have a mason jar in a central location like your living room with small cut pieces of paper there and a pencil. Have the kids write or draw what they are angry or sad about and have them fold it and insert it into the forgiveness jar. As they do tell them to say a little prayer for the person who has wronged them and leave the problem in the jar. Teaching our children to forgive and pray for those who has trespassed us is a great tool for now and well into adulthood!